Thursday, February 28, 2008

Catholic Principal Inspired by Obama




Obama keeps packing them in, this time at St. John Arena

The Columbus Dispatch February 28, 2008

By Darrel Rowland and Catherine Candisky

...Yesterday, Obama drew what looked to be around 8,000 to the old basketball facility, and that figure was smaller than crowds in Toledo, Dayton and Cincinnati.

"It's history in the making, and I wanted to be part of it," said Mr. Laws, 53, a parks supervisor in Chicago whose son works in the Obama campaign. Both Mr. and Mrs. Laws, a Catholic school principal, had purchased and donned "Buckeyes for Obama" T-shirts.

Ersell Jeffers, 74, of Columbus, waited in line 11/2 hours: "I was so excited I didn't know I was cold until I got inside."

Not since taking a day off work in 1961 to watch John F. Kennedy's inauguration has Jeffers been more excited about a political candidate.

"I watch Obama on TV all the time. He is so inspiring. He gives you a message," she said. "We need change in Washington."

No comments: