Thursday, August 27, 2009

'Christians' Could Care Less About 45 Million Without Health Care



Conservative Protestants say U.S. health care system 'is working'

WASHINGTON — Conservative Christian groups on Wednesday (Aug. 26) ramped up opposition to health care reform, saying the current system "has problems" but "it is working."

Members of the newly formed Freedom Federation, includes, among others, the American Family Association, the Church of God in Christ, Concerned Women for America, Family Research Council Action, Liberty University and the Traditional Values Coalition.

On abortion, Federation members said they are concerned that although the word "abortion" does not appear in the draft bills, it will be paid for by the government under the proposed reform.

Although an estimated 45 million Americans lack health insurance, federation backers said they support the current system. "There may be problems," one leader said, "but it is working."

Another leader agreed, saying, "America does offer the best health care in the world.

3 comments:

stlouismb said...

Thanks for posting this. I have put it over here on my blog:http://innostrumviadomus.blogspot.com/2009/08/christians-could-care-less-about-45.html and on Facebook. Of course with links back to you. Thanks for all you do

Anonymous said...

I am one of those 45 million people without healthcare. I suffer from many illnesses - including parkinson's disease, arthritis, asthma, herniated disks, etc. I am only 50 yrs old and cannot see a doctor to get medicines - I couldnt afford the medicines, if I could. I am a devote catholic and pray this health plan goes through. I have been told that the medicare advantage program would work for me and that I would get to see whatever doctors I wanted. But, many of my friends at church oppose Obama and anything he proposes. If his named is linked to it, then they automatically are against it. They believe all the misinformation about the health plan and tell me that I am the one who is being misled. But, they all have insurance and can see their doctor whenever they want. We need prayer to help discern the good from bad - so, that the best plan for all concerned passes. Thank you and God Bless you.

Katherine said...

Dear Anonymous,

Bless you. May Christ's Mother protect you.

Kate